How to make Vazhakkai Bajji Recipe?
The rainy season has begun. Bajji recipe is one of best tea time and rainy time snack. Hot bajji and coconut chutney along with tea will come in front of our eyes whenever we are in the rainy weather. particularly, most of people like banana bajji, Potato Bajji or Onion Bajji in this season. here i’m sharing Vazhakkai Bajji Recipe preparation method.
- Raw banana (Vazhakkai) – 1
- Besan flour – 1 cup
- Rice flour – ¼ cup
- Asafoetida – ¼ tea spoon
- Red chili powder – 1 spoon
- Salt to taste
- Water to mix
- Oil for deep frying
- Idly batter – 2 spoons (optional)
Steps to cook Vazhakkai Bajji Recipe:
- First of all take a bowl in that add Besan flour, rice flour followed by red chili powder, asafoetida, salt.
- Mix well the flour and now add idly batter and water simultaneously then mix well in to Bajji batter consistency and keep it at rest for 15 minutes.(like not too thin or too thick medium level batter should be prepared).
- Peel the raw banana skin and cut it to your own shape like long, short or round shape and put it to water to avoid black colour appeared in raw banana.
- Here I cut raw banana in to all shapes.
- Now place a pan in the stove. when the pan heated add required amount of oil in the pan and wait for 5 minutes.
- Take a small part of the Bajji batter and pour in to the oil, to check whether the oil heated enough or not.
- When the batter puff up from the oil it is heated and ready to start pour banana.
- Now drain the water from the raw banana and put it in to the batter one by one.
- Dip the raw banana both sides well in batter and pour in to the oil.
- Once oil is heated the flame should be reduced to low level, when we put the raw banana in to oil and then increase the flame in to medium level.
Then fry both sides well and put into the tissue paper to absorb extra oil from the Bajji.
- Repeat the process for remaining vazhakkai’s.
- Now hot and crispy banana is ready to serve.
- Serve Vazhakkai Bajji with coconut chutney, Kara chutney or alternatively tomato ketchup.
- Vazhakkai Bajji Recipe also called in different name such as banana bajji, raw banana bajji, Kaya Bajji recipe or Plantain Fritters.
- Bajji is one of popular street food in south India, particularly in Tamilnadu.
- Don’t use baking sodas for making bajji’s, sometimes it absorb too much oil; it is not good for health.
- Use fresh raw banana for good result.