How To Make Chapati Cutlets ?
Chapati cutlets is a yummy and easy snack made with leftover chapati. Lets see how to prepare now.
- Wheat flour – 2 cups
- Water to mix – (lukewarm water)
- Salt to taste
- Ghee – 1 tsp.
- Carrot – 1 cup (chopped)
- Beans -1 cup (chopped)
- Potato -1 cup (boiled and mashed)
- Peas – 1 cup
- Onion – 1 (big – chopped)
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Chili powder – 1 tsp.
- Chili sauce – 1 tsp.
- Soya sauce – 1 tsp.
- Tomato ketchup – 2 tsp.
- Garam masala – 1 tsp.
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2 tsp.
- Mustard seeds or fennel seeds- 1 tsp.
Steps to cook Chapati Cutlets:
- Mix all the ingredients and make smooth dough.
- Then divide the dough into small balls and keep it aside.
- Take wheat dough and roll out the chapattis using rolling pin.
- In a tawa put ghee and roast the chapatti on both sides and keep it aside.
- First boil all the vegetables except potato (which should not be overcooked) and keep it aside.
- In a pan add oil for tempering, and then add fennel or mustard seeds.
- Allow it to splutter, then add onion and fry till the colour becomes golden brown.
- Then add all the spices and fry for a minute, next add all the vegetables, mashed potato, add soya sauce, chili sauce, tomato ketchup and fry for 5 minutes.
- Finally garnish with coriander leaves.
Preparation of chapatti cutlet:
- First take the roasted chapatti then spread 2 spoons of cutlet masala in the center of the chapatti.
- Then rollout the chapatti and cut it in to small pieces, now chapatti cutlet is ready to eat.
Chapatti cutlet benefits:
- Wheat is very good for health because of low fat.
- Vegetables provide necessary nutrients.
- Especially, this recipe is good and healthy food for children.
- Click here to view Channa Gravy