how to make Palak keerai masiyal?
Today we will learn how to prepare Palak keerai masiyal. This recipe is very healthy and easy to make. Spinach (Spinacia oleraceae) also known as ‘Palak‘ in Hindi, ‘Pachchali Koora‘ or ‘Palakura‘ in Telugu, ‘Vasala Cheera‘ in Malayalam, ‘Pasalai Keerai‘ in Tamil, ‘Palang Sag‘ in Bengali and ‘Palak‘ in Punjabi.
- Spinach (palak) – 1 bunch
- Green chili – 2 no’s
- Salt as needed
- Water to boil spinach
- Coconut Oil – 2 ½ spoons
- Pearl onion (small onion) – 13 no’s (peeled)
Steps to cook Palak keerai masiyal (spinach):
- First clean the spinach and wash in running water then drain it and keep it aside.
- In a pan pour water and green chili then allow it to boil up to 15 minutes.
- Now add washed spinach and a pinch of salt and allow it to boil. (By adding salt is to remain same colour of spinach and don’t over boil spinach).
- After 10 minutes check spinach whether it is cooked or not by touching the stem of spinach. Now drain the water and keep it aside.
- In a kadai pour coconut oil when it is heated add pearl onion and salt fry till it become golden colour.
- Take a mixer grinder, add boiled spinach, fried onion, salt then grind as smooth paste. (No need to add water. Check salt of palak. If you wanted more means add it.)
- Hot, spicy, healthy palak keerai Masiyal / kadaiyal is ready to serve.
- Serve this palak with hot rice and Kelvaragu kali / ragi kali. it is a best combination.
- More recipes ==> kara chutney recipe | Beetroot chutney
Palak keerai benefits:
- Beneficial for Weight Loss.
- Anti-cancer (Spinach is rich in flavonoids- a phytonutrient with anti-cancer properties).
- Spinach is rich in vitamin K which is vital for maintaining bone health.
- Consuming spinach is beneficial in lowering hypertension.
- Spinach contains folate, vitamin K and vitamin C which help in modulating the hormone production of our nervous system.