Thiruvathirai kali recipe – How to make Thiruvathirai kali recipe ?
Thiruvathirai kali is special on thiruvathira is a Hindu festival celebrated in India. also called as Arudra darshan festival (Also known as Arudra Darshan | Thiruvadhirai Vrata | Ardra Darshana Vrata). lets see how to prepare this recipe with simple methods.
- Raw rice – 1 cup
- Jaggery – 1 ¼ cup
- Water as required
- Ghee – 4 table spoons
- Cardamom – 1 teaspoon
- Cashew nut – 10 no’s
- Raisins – 10 no’s
- Coconut – ½ hand full (cut in to small pieces) optional
Steps to cook Thiruvathirai kali recipe:
- First take a fry pan in that add raw rice and fry till it become golden brown colour and we get nice aroma (Don’t over fry because it destroy the real taste)
- Next transfer the fried rice in to mixer and grind into semi coarse powder (like rava).
- Now take a sauce pan in that add scrambled jaggery, then add 1 cup water and allow it boil.
- When the jaggery fully dissolved in water then switch off the stove and drain the impurities from jaggery.
- Take jaggery in another pan and slowly add the broken rice in jaggery syrup. (Mix carefully to avoid lumps)
- Cook till the raw broken rice absorb all the jaggery syrup at low flame, in mean while add ghee at time interval to avoid non sticky.(stir occasionally)
- Now add powdered cardamom and mix well the kali.
- Next transfer kali in to silver pan and put in to cooker then cook up to three whistles.
- After pressure will be down take it from the cooker and now add ghee in a pan then fry cashew and coconut pieces and raisins then pour in to thiruvadirai kali and mix well.
- Traditional and tasty Thiruvathirai kali recipe is ready to serve.
- Serve this Thiruvathirai kali recipe with thiruvadirai sambar it is a good combination.
- Thiruvathirai Kali recipe is a festival recipe
- Thiruvathirai Kali / thiruvadhirai Kali / Thiruvathira Kali / Thiruvathira Recipe / Thiruvadira
- More recipes: Black sundal recipe | Aval upma recipe | Rava laddu recipe | sabudana payasam recipe