How to make kathirikai urulai kizhangu poriyal ?
kathirikai urulai kizhangu poriyal also known as Brinjal Potato Fry , Aloo Baingan recipe,Eggplant Potato Curry and Kathirikai Urulai Varuval. This Potato brinjal stir fry is a delicious Indian recipe served as a Side-Dish. This is a simple brinjal Potato poriyal or stir fry which can be made in less than 15 mins. Lets see how to prepare kathirikai urulai kizhangu poriyal with simple steps
- Brinjal – 200 grams
- Potato – 200 grams
- Ground nut oil – 3 spoons
- Mustard seeds – ¾ tea spoon
- Channa dal – ¾ spoon
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Shallots – 10 no’s (roughly chopped)
- Red chilli –1 no
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Turmeric powder – ¾ tea spoon
- Red chilli powder – ½ spoon
- Salt to taste
- Water to cook potato and brinjal
- Grated coconut – 3 spoons
Steps to cook kathirikai urulai kizhangu poriyal:
- At first wash the potato and brinjal thoroughly in water and cut the potato in to big size cubes and cut brinjal as sliced.
- Now a place a kadai on stove and switch on the stove when it is heated add ground nut oil 3 spoons and wait for a minute.
- Next add mustard seeds when it is splutters add chana dal and asafoetida then fry till it become golden colour.
- This is time to add roughly chop shallots, red chilli and curry leaves then fry for 4 minutes.
- After 4 Minutes, add washed (cubed) potato and brinjal. then add all spices like turmeric powder, red chilli powder and required amount of salt.
- Fry well the potato and brinjal in oil for 5 minutes then add required amount of water to cook potato and brinjal.(water level should be below the veggies)
- Now close the kadai with lid and cook up to 10 to 15 minutes till water completely dry.
- Meanwhile open the lid and check the salt and spicy level, if you want means add in this stage.
- After potato and brinjal cooked well add grated coconut and fry for 5 minutes then switch off the stove.
- Now transfer the spicy and tasty Urulai Kizhangu Kathirikai Poriyal Recipe in to serving plate and enjoy.
- The spicy kathirikai urulai kizhangu poriyal is goes well with curd rice, hot white rice, rasam sadam and variety rice too etc.,
- At first fry potato and then add brinjal because it take less time to cook.
- There are 8 different types of brinjal here i am used dark purple colour brinjal. This type brinjal is appt for poriyal.
- More Poriyal recipes from Famous Indian Recipes : Pudalangai poriyal recipe (snake gourd recipe) | Cabbage Moong Dal Poriyal | kongu style potato poriyal recipe | sivappu keerai poriyal | cabbage poriyal recipe |
- A high intake of fruits and vegetables can benefit health and reduce the risk of many lifestyle-related health conditions.
- Potatoes contain important nutrients, even when cooked, that can benefit human health in various ways.
- Here we look at 10 ways in which the potato might contribute to a healthful lifestyle, including preventing osteoporosis, maintaining heart health, and reducing the risk of infection.
1) Bone health
2) Blood pressure
3) Heart health
6) Digestion and regularity
7) Weight management and satiety