How to make kongu style potato poriyal recipe
Potato poriyal recipe one of my favorite recipes. Goes well with Chapatti, White rice and variety rice. Kids will like this Urulai Kizhangu Poriyal recipe.
- Potato – ¼ kg
- Ground nut oil – 3 spoons
- Mustard seeds – 3/4 tea spoon
- Channa dal – ¾ spoon
- Urad dal – ¾ spoon
- Shallots – 10 no’s (roughly chopped)
- Red chilli –1 no
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Turmeric powder – ¾ tea spoon
- Red chilli powder – ½ spoon
- Salt to taste
- Water to cook potato
- Grated coconut – 3 spoons
Steps to cook Kongu style potato Poriyal:
- At first wash the potato thoroughly in water and cut in to big size cubes.
- Now a place a kadai on a stove and switch on the stove. when it is heated add ground nut oil 3 spoons and wait for a minute.
- Next add mustard seeds when it is splutters add chana dal and urad dal then fry till it become golden colour.
- Now add roughly chop shallots, red chilli and sprig then fry for 5 minutes.
- It’s a time to add washed and cubed potato then add all spices like turmeric powder, red chilli powder and required amount of salt.
- Fry well the potatos in oil for 6 minutes then add required amount of water to cook potato.
- Now close the kadai with lid and cook up to 10 to 15 minutes till should completely dry.
- In between open the lid and check the salt and spicy level, if you want means add in this stage.
- After potato cooked well add grated coconut and fry for 5 minutes then switch off the stove.
- Now transfer the potato in to serving plate and enjoy.
- The spicy Kongu style potato Poriyal goes well with curd rice, hot white rice, rasam sadam and variety rice too etc.,
- Don’t add too much of water to cook potatoes because it will destroy the shape of potato its look likes mushy.
- More Poriyal recipes from Famous Indian Recipes : sivappu keerai poriyal | Beans Poriyal recipe | cabbage poriyal recipe |